- Class Dates
- 01/13/2014 to 01/31/2014
- Delivered By
- Guided Study
- Meeting Times
- Meets by Appt
- Meeting Location
- Ward 135
- Special Times & Locations
- Jan 13, 2014 - Jan 15, 2014 from 08:30 a.m. to 02:30 p.m. -- Ward 135
Top/Industrial Environment Sustainability Practices
CE 690 - Class Number: 16782
This intersession course is designed to provide an overview of pollution prevention (P2) and environmental sustainability opportunities and obstacles that exist in a variety of Kansas industrial and institutional settings. Topics will address industrial systems that may include: building envelope, lighting, HVAC systems, motors, compressed air, steam, fans, pumps, chemical use, green procurement, water and waste water, as well as zero waste. The course is open to all students, but is targeted at students who desire an internship with a Kansas industry and are at least at the junior level in their studies. The course is also open to industry or institutional professionals. It is offered for credit or non-credit, as well as professional development hours.
- Enrollment Note: January Intersession classes are listed in the Spring term when enrolling in iSIS.
- Also offered for no credit as three-day class at no cost. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- On-campus attendance is required Monday-Wednesday, January 13-15, 2014. Between January 16 and 31, students will complete a field project which will be due at the end of January. Details of the assignment will be provided by the instructors during the course.
- Instructor David Carter's permission is required after 01/14/2014.
- Enrollment Dates
- 10/28/2013 to 01/06/2014
- Enrollment Limit
- Also Offered During
- 12068 Intersession - May 2014@Ward 135
Enrollments received on or after the first day of class may be assessed a $50 special handling fee.